- Coils or wires that are loose, broken or protruding through the fabric.
- Sagging, only if the mattress has been continuously supported by matching foundation (or equivalent) and used with an appropriate frame and center support, or a minimum of 5 hardwood cross-slats with center support.
- Fabric handles sewn to mattress.
- Body impressions of 1.5” or greater on both sides of mattress (or on one side for a single-sided mattress). If your warranty code ends in 1 then your mattress has a 1” body impression warranty.
- Splits in the wood frame.
- Bent, loose or defective wood beams and/or center support rail.
- Sagging, but only when continuously supported with an appropriate frame and center support, or a minimum of 5 hardwood cross-slats and center support.
WHAT WILL WHITE DOVE DO?
If your White Dove mattress or foundation fails due to manufacturing defect, White Dove will, at its option, either repair or replace the defective item.
Replacement or repair of one piece does not automatically result in the replacement or repair of another piece. White Dove reserves the right to substitute comparable materials or models and does not guarantee that the replacement will match the defective piece.
HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY COVERAGE PERIOD?
The warranty is for a period of time based upon the code on your law label (see chart above) starting with the original date of purchase. Repair or replacement of the mattress or foundation does not extend this warranty period or begin a new limited warranty period.
During the “free”’ period of your warranty, White Dove will repair or replace the defective piece at no charge (except for transportation costs to and from our factory in Cleveland, Ohio). After the “free” period has expired, all repairs or replacements will be done on a pro-rated basis, based upon the current retail prices of the model purchased, or comparable model.